Windows 10 Fall Creators Update released on Oct 17
- As always, running updates has certain risks, as talked about on last week’s podcast
- Make sure you have plenty of time to run the updates, possibly a couple of hours.
- Always back up and know there’s that small chance the backup may fail and you’ll either have to revert back, or it could cause your system to become unstable.
- People Integration – You can now pin friends, co-workers, business partners, family members, etc to the task bar for easy access. It can even be used to contact via Skype
- Fluent Design – a new design language from Microsoft regarding animations and effects. Some included changes are blur effects, easier resizing of apps and windows and a “shinier” design for the Start Menu.
- You can also pin website shortcuts to the task bar. This was available in previous versions of Windows, and now it’s back.
- New emojis – dinosaurs, genies, zombies and more are part of the Unicode updates for the fall creators update.
- Cortana – Cortana notifications can now be seen on your Android phone. And you can control Windows a bit with Cortana, including locking, signing out, shut down or restarting your computer.
Google Advanced Protection
- Meant for high-profile celebrities, politicians and other possible targets for hacking.
- Advanced security features for your account (gmail, google drive, etc)
- Need a physical key to unlock your data (USB)
- It also locks down your files and email to ONLY Google apps, eliminating the possibility of using 3rd party programs to attain the data.
- This will make using Google’s products a bit more tough, but if you’re concerned about information security more than you are about ease of use, this may be a good solution.
Capterra is a website with a mission to match up businesses with the right software to optimize any part of the operation. Whether it’s project management software, bookkeeping, marketing, testing or just about anything else, Capterra can suggest the right software taking into account budget, ease of use and more.
- Guest : Claire Alexander – General Manager of Capterra
- Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Capterra/
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/capterra
- Website to help find a software solution for your business
- Capterra has been around since 1999
- Virtually any sort of software for your business organized by software type, then displaying the most used, best cost effective or easiest to use.
Have any questions or suggestions on going paperless? Leave them below, or send them to me @BeBizzy on Twitter!