Happy World Backup Day, everyone! Well, maybe a couple days early, but we like to celebrate data backups all the time around here.
EP 35 – Happy World Backup Day!
Before we get too far, I’d like to wish a Happy 23rd Birthday to my daughter! We’ll see you this weekend and celebrate the best way you know how, by going to a hocke game!
Now, on to other important matters.
- March 31 is World Backup Day. Back. Your. Data. Up. That is all…
- I lied, that is NOT all. Your data is your business! Throw on top of that all your photos, your music, personal financial documents and more, and there are few things in life that would make things as difficult as recovering from a data failure.
- At the VERY least, back up your data to an external hard drive or to another computer.
- Personal Cloud storage devices are relatively cheap and easy to add to a home or office network.
- Data companies like Dropbox and Carbonite have built a business out of managing backups for you. Check them out!
- A group calling themselves the Turkish Crime Family has claimed to have stolen passwords to 530 Million Apple iCloud passwords. Time to change your passwords, kids!
- If your Apple password has been stolen the thief can get access to your data, and even reset your phone.
- FedEx is offering $5 for you to turn on Flash in your browsers.
- Why should you NOT do that? Flash was proven to be an insecure browser extension years ago, so none of the modern browsers have it turned on by default.
- FedEx needs to find a way to join the rest of us in 2017 and build a website that does not use this ancient, security-holed software.
Have a good rest of your week, everyone!
And as always, leave the technical stuff to us!