BeBizzy Break Podcast : Episode 39 – GSuite & Mailbird
Hosted by : Marv Dorner, owner of BeBizzy Consulting
Ever get the feeling that someone’s watching you?
That happened to me this week, as I started to look for a replacement for my Outlook replacement, Mailbird. The problem was that although I had hundreds of contacts saved in my various GSuite email accounts, there was no way to easily sync to or from GSuite. On many occassions I was either grabbing email addresses from my phone or having to log into the web interface to gather the email addresses so I could send.
Just this morning, I recevied an email from Mailbird claiming they had a new Contact Manager ready to roll out, all I had to do was update Mailbird, click a few things and BOOM!, contacts. The scariest part was that it worked EXACTLY like it was supposed to work, and now I don’t have to look for a new email system. Way to go, Mailbird! Check them out if you’re a GSuite or Gmail email user.
And if your NOT a GSuite user… here’s why you should be.
GSuite is a powerful email, calendar, document sharing, task & project management solution. Some other benefits are:
- Uses Google secure and “always-on” hosting solution. I have had very minimal outages in many years of use.
- The system is available from anywhere, so as long as you can get to a computer, tablet or phone and remember your login info, you can see you mail, calendar and documents.
- Easy to share documents within the GSuite environment, so anyone with your domain email can easily receive, share or collaborate on documents.
- You can still use Outlook. While I recommend getting outside the Office forcefield with apps like Mailbird, old reliable still works with GSuite.
- 2-Step Verification security to protect your email.
- 3rd party apps like CRMs, project management suites, mind mapping tools, and much more can be easily made available across the network.
- Excellent support
- Relatively cheap at $5 per email address per month.
Check out if GSuite is a good fit for you and your business by going to https://gsuite.google.com
And as always, leave the technical stuff to us!