Welcome to episode 25 of the BeBizzy Break!
Today we’re going to bring back Sara Hawkins to talk about some basic business, website and tech planning for 2017.
As always, please consult your lawyers, accounts and other professionals before acting on some of these topics. We discuss them in general and your situation may be vastly different that what was implied.
Top 10 Things To Do In 2017
1. Consider incorporating if you have not already
2. Get an EIN if you are a sole proprietor
3. Consider what big expenses you may need, plan for them
4. Create an expense tracking system
5. Create, Review, or Update Website Policies
6. Create or Update contracts you use
7. Do a year-end analysis of what you did well and what could have been better
8. Plan out when your legal filings are due and put them on your calendar for the year
9. Review the images on your website; get a subscription to stock photo site or use quality free sites like unsplash, new old stock, death to the stock photo, good free photos (owner of site shares pix), stocksnap.io, gratisography (Ryan McGuire of Bells Design), Life of Pix (LEEROY creative agency)
10. Create Guest Blogger guidelines or agreements
The interview ran about an hour, but there was just too much great stuff we didn’t want to stop!
And as always, leave the technical stuff to us!